Dirty Dog – Today’s drink, according to “the book,” is in reference to the start of the 1999 impeachment trial of a certain cigar smoking ex-president … well, I say why stop there? This is a tall 8½ oz drink and I’m sure there are many “Dirty Dogs” on this day in history that we can drink to and curse!
Mix up a Dirty Dog of your own:
- 1 oz cognac
- 1½ oz vodka
- 5 oz chilled orange juice
- 1 oz chilled cranberry juice
Let’s get started with the drinkin’ and cursin’:
- On this day in 1789 the first US presidentail election was held in which only white men who owned property were allowed to vote … *take a sip*… “You dirty dogs!”
- On this day in 1953 Harry Truman announced that the US had developed a hydrogen bomb… *take a sip*… “You dirty dog!”
- On this day in 1965 actor Nicolas Cage was born… *take a sip*… “You dirty dog!” (thats right, I went there!)
- On this day in 1972 the Los Angeles Lakers won their 33rd consecutive game (an NBA record)… *take a sip*... “You dirty dogs, Go Celtics!”
- On this day in 2005 Brad Pitt left Jennifer Aniston after four years of marriage… *take a sip*… “You dirty dog!” (Jen, still waiting for your call…)
- On this day in 2011 I had to pay my Time Warner cable bill – $262.98!… *pound the rest*… “You dirty dogs!”
Drink Tip: It’s a pretty tasty beverage so after you curse the dirty dogs listed above, mix yourself up another and drink to a “dirty dog” list of your own!
BELOW: Rate this drink from 1-10
Would you recommend this drink (thumbs up/down)